About the Biz
- Company Name: The Main Event
- Who we talked with: Rhonda E. Caldwell, President
- Year established: 2007
- How to Find Them: www.themaineventnc.com
- Socialize: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Get to know The Main Event
The Main Event, Inc. is an award-winning, full-service event management and marketing company that produces corporate and social events from concept to completion turning event ideas into memorable occasions.
As a business owner, what resource organizations have helped you along the way, and how?
- Charlotte Business Resources for providing up to date information that supports business owners – certification, financing, contracts, business events, and networking.
- Charlotte Chamber for connecting me with business leaders, community involvement, and business leads.
- NAWBO for creating a network of women business owners and mentoring.
- CVMSDC for assistance with certification, business leads, and business planning.
- CPCC Small Business Center for providing a lot of training and knowledge. (Quickbooks classes, seminars, etc…)
How did you discover your passion for event planning?
I discovered my passion for event planning while volunteering with Mary Tribble during a Chamber Annual Meeting.
What advice would you give to aspiring event planners?
More than academic studies, experience is KEY! Go to as many events as possible, volunteer, work at them…anything to get as many event hours as possible so that you can get a feel for what goes on during the event itself.
What habits do you have that contribute to being a successful business owner?
Prayer, get up early, focus on being positive, set daily goals, delegate, network, learn daily, write it down, make it happen, manage time, health and wellness.