Have an innovative business idea? Pitch it in 53 seconds for a chance to win $10,000, $5,000 or $2,500.
Central Piedmont and Fifth Third Bank have partnered to launch 53 Ideas – A business pitch competition in search of finding the next big idea. The process is simple and takes less than a minute. Record a 53-second video, submit it, and wait to see if your idea is selected as one of the top 53 submissions.
- First place winner: $10,000
- Second place winner: $ 5,000
- Third place winner: $ 2,500
- Top 15 finalists: $ 200
- Top 53 finalists: $ 50
Ready to Submit Your Pitch?
Click here! Your video submission can be recorded using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Be sure to complete the entry form and then immediately record and upload your 53-second video pitch, stating your first and last name along with your idea when recording. If you need help during the process, view the step-by-step instruction guide.
Need Help Recording Your Pitch?
If you have a great idea but don’t have a way to record and submit it, we’ve got you covered! Stop by one of the pop-up recording events across the Charlotte region and we’ll record your idea and get you into the competition. See below for upcoming events:
- Friday, February 7 (2 PM – 3:30 PM )
- Friday, February 7 (4:30 PM – 6 PM)
- Thursday, February 20 (3 PM – 4:30 PM)
Anyone in the 10-counties surrounding Charlotte can submit an idea. It only takes a minute.
- Ideas can be submitted until February 20, 2020.
- Entry is limited to residents in the following counties Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly, and Union.
- Employees of Central Piedmont and participating community colleges in the Southwest region are not eligible to participate.
- The 53 finalists will be announced on February 29, 2020.
- Finalists will receive a monetary award and have the ability to receive training and coaching to prepare for the next round.
- April 27-29, 2020 the 53 finalists will pitch and the field will be narrowed to the top fifteen.
- May 1, 2020, the top fifteen will be announced.
- May 21, 2020, the top fifteen move on to the Final Pitch and the remaining 38 exhibit during the Final Pitch event.
For additional information and to view the rules and conditions, visit 53ideas.com.