The year is well under way. How’s it going with your New Year’s Resolutions? Don’t fret. At the Charlotte Chamber, we’ve developed a checklist of 10 tips for the business professional in 2014. Here’s our top 10 resolutions for business professionals this year:
10. Support the more than 20,000 small businesses in Charlotte. There are amazing treasures throughout the Queen City. Search our member directory of 3,300 member companies here.
9. Write down all of your various logins and passwords, and tuck them away in a safe place.
8. Write another note, reminding you of aforementioned safe place.
7. Break the ice. Start a conversation with a colleague you don’t know well.
5. Respond to that email from two months ago – that’s still marked urgent in your inbox.
4. Finally update your Outlook contacts from all of the business cards you collected during the year.
3. Ride the light rail to see your favorite pro sports team in action. Root for the home team!
2. Don’t regret the office holiday party come next year – ‘nuff said.
1. Get involved with the Charlotte Chamber. Whether you are a member or nonmember, there’s a great opportunity available to you to win $25,000 for your business by competing in the 2014 Power Up Chapter Challenge. The yearlong competition offers an opportunity for promising local entrepreneurs and small businesses to vie for a chance to win a $25,000 grand prize provided Duke Energy.
Here’s how it works: Semifinalists across the Chamber’s seven chapter footprints present their businesses’ stories to fellow chamber members during chapter luncheons. Presentations should identify issues faced in the attempt to grow and create jobs, and discuss successes and challenges along the way. Chapter members select a winner, who receives a prize package and the opportunity to compete in a November grand finale event to name an overall winner.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs should go to charlottechamber.com/powerup to apply to participate. There is no entry fee, and members and nonmembers may apply to compete.
For additional suggestions for making 2014 your best year yet, visit charlottechamber.com/2014resolutions.