Leading national, regional, and local law firms have joined forces to create the Carolinas Social Impact Initiative, an effort to foster a more inclusive community and reduce systemic barriers to social and economic mobility in the Carolinas.
Today they are also announcing their first program, the Charlotte Legal Initiative to Mobilize Businesses (CLIMB), which will provide volunteer legal services to low-income entrepreneurs and small businesses in the Charlotte area.
It was spearheaded by member firms Moore & Van Allen and Robinson Bradshaw, which will be joined by other coalition firms to provide volunteer (pro bono) business law services to low-income entrepreneurs and small businesses in the Charlotte area.
Services will focus on small business whose ownership consists primarily of:
- People of color
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community
- People with disabilities
CLIMB initially will accept applications for help only through referral partners that include:
- The Boost Pad
- Carolinas-Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council
- Charlotte Business INClusion
- Charlotte LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- National Black MBA Association, Inc. – Charlotte Chapter
- The North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center
- The Women’s Business Center of Charlotte