Professional Development Building
1112 Charlottetowne Ave, Charlotte, NC 28204
Facebook and Central Piedmont are partners in developing and offering this non-credit Digital Marketing Certificate program. In the six-month course, entry-level job seekers and experienced professionals alike will gain and expand their understanding of core concepts including market positioning, brand positioning, targeting and segmentation, and marketing channels and metrics.
With this high-demand set of skills, this innovative course (offered by blending online and in-person sessions) will have you set to kick start your journey into careers that require new technology skills in digital marketing. You will end this course with a professional portfolio of applied projects that will showcase your abilities and prepare you to put these skills into action.
Class will meet in person the following dates from 6-9pm
3/4 by WebEx from 6-7:30pm
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand foundations of marketing including: unique value proposition, customer segmentation, customer personas, various marketing channels, and key metrics.
- Understand the process of creating an effective content strategy by understanding consumer psychology and buying motivations
- Demonstrate the ability to create written copy for marketing content that aligns with a brand and target audience for primary marketing channels.
- Understand the principles and best practices of visual design when creating marketing collateral.
- Understand search engine optimization.
- Demonstrate the ability to A/B test various elements of marketing efforts to increase conversion rates.
- Understand the factors that drive conversion and opportunities to optimize marketing performance.
- Understand the role of social media in a marketing campaign and differences in voice and audience across various social media channels.
- Recognize best practices and understand the lifecycles of successful social media, search, display, and email campaigns.
- Foundations And Strategy Of Marketing
- Overview of digital marketing
- Digital marketing and business fundamentals
- The 4 Ps of marketing and unique value propositions
- SWOT analysis
- Brand positioning strategy
- Targeting and segmentation
- The customer journey and marketing channels
- Marketing objectives and measurement
- Student presentations
- Marketing Content Strategy And Branding
- Introduction to digital marketing and content marketing
- Consumer psychology and buying motivations
- Content and channel strategy
- Blog writing
- Writing for various marketing channels
- Marketing Analytics And Performance Optimization
- Google Sheets: Intro to data analysis and visualizations
- A/B Testing: Designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Google Analytics: Collecting, reporting, and analyzing data
- Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to social media
- Understanding audiences
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Reporting and analyzing ads
- Community building
- Best practices
- Search And Display Advertising
- Search engine marketing
- Campaigns and best practices
- Networks and Google products
- Search ads
- Ad bidding
- Email Marketing
- Introduction to email marketing
- Creating an effective email campaign
- List segmentation and management
- Anatomy of an effective email
- Email automation
- Email deliverability
- Analysis of marketing emails
- Testing emails
- Basic computer and Internet skills
- Understanding of Google Suite or Microsoft Office applications recommended
Method of Instruction
Hybrid delivery with utilization of the following instructional methods:
- Problem-based learning/ Case studies
- Collaborative learning/ Peer review
- Demonstration/ Modeling
- Graded assignments
- Formative assessment (quizzes/ knowledge checks)
- Performance-based assessments
- Discussion boards
- Experiential projects
For Additional Information: https://www.cpcc.edu/business-and-industry/small-business-center/digital-marketing-certificate