2800 Campus Ridge Rd
Matthews, NC 28105
Entrepreneurship is more than starting a business. It’s a mindset that can change the way you work and live. Discover the framework for thinking and acting that successful entrepreneurs rely on and learn how it can empower you as a hopeful entrepreneur, business owner or employee. During the program, you will master the entrepreneurial mindset and develop critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills.
This course will utilize the Ice House content and curriculum developed by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative in partnership with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Upon program completion participants will be able to:
- demonstrate critical thinking skills enabling them to identify and evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities, manage risks and learn from results.
- describe the process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to transform a simple idea into a sustainable success.
- establish personal goals, identify resources and establish steps to accomplish their goals.
- develop a personal brand and bolster their professional networks.
Components of an entrepreneurial mindset
1. The Power to Choose
- Examine beliefs and assumptions that empower entrepreneurs
- Analyze circumstances surrounding entrepreneurial success and failure
- Highlight ones ability to enable conscious choices rather than allow circumstances to determine the course of their life.
2. Recognizing Opportunities
- Utilizing the concept of problem generation to identify opportunities
3. Ideas into Action
- Think big. Start small. Act Fast.
- Focusing energy on things you have the power to change
- Goal setting
4. Pursuit of Knowledge
- Identify the impact of knowledge applied to the effort
- Analyze the power of self-directed life-long learning
5, Creating Wealth
- Key components of financial management
- Illustrate how entrepreneurs create sustainable wealth regardless of circumstances.
6. Building Your Brand
- The individual as the brand.
- The importance of reliability as a key to building a successful and sustainable brand.
7. Creating Community
- Learn how to connect and collaborate with innovators, entrepreneurs, mentors, trusted advisors, and community leaders.
8. The Power of Persistence
- Tactics to withstand the challenges, setbacks, and self-doubt.
- Entrepreneurs don’t “get rich quick.”
Basic computer skills to access online course materials.
Method of Instruction
Lecture, in-class discussion, peer groups, online video content