/ For Lenders
Lending a helping hand? If you’re a lender in Charlotte, the City offers a variety of tools and programs to make the process easier than ever:
- Charlotte Facade and Security Grant Program:These two programs provide matching funds for storefront architectural renovations and security improvements to eligible commercial buildings in targeted areas. For lenders, these grant funds could be considered as a ‘source of repayment’ or ‘source of funds’ for the commercial property loan requests they’re considering. Contact the City of Charlotte to learn more about how these two loan programs can help lenders!
- Charlotte Brownfield Programs: Sites suspected of environmental contamination are called brownfield sites. Lenders considering loan requests for these sites should consider the City of Charlotte’s Brownfield Program as a source of repayment that can improve the underwriting ratios of the project. Contact the City of Charlotte for more information!
- Charlotte Community Capital Fund: The City of Charlotte’s Community Capital Fund provides lenders with a referral source for their business clients, while also helping business clients access the capital they need to start and grow a business. Contact the City of Charlotte to learn more about how the Community Capital Fund can help lenders retain client relationships!
The CRRLF provides “gap” financing to small business startups, expansions, or relocations in Mecklenburg and surrounding counties that include the creation and/or retention of jobs. Centralina Council of Governments and the CEDC work in partnership with private lenders to make loans that banks might not ordinarily make on their own.
Eligible project include:
- Equipment & machinery purchases
- Real estate acquisition and improvements
- Receivables and inventory
- Leasehold improvements
- Repair/modernizations costs
Carolina Business Capital provides business owners with an affordable way to purchase or expand their business facilities with the SBA 504 Loan. In addition to their established relationships with local and national banks, they have over 130 years of combined experience in SBA 504 lending, commercial lending and small business management. Learn more about how Carolina Business Capital helps lenders by visiting them online athttp://www.cbc504.com/.
Buying an existing building or constructing a new one can pave the way for a small business to grow. The terms of a business’ loans can impact cash flow, funds for additional growth, ability to buy equipment, and whether new employees can be hired. With an SBA 504 loan through BEFCOR, entrepreneurs can receive up to 90% financing at very attractive rates and terms for owner-occupied commercial real estate. SBA financing works in conjunction with bank or private lender loans to help small businesses buy real estate. The program is perfect whether the business is purchasing, constructing, renovating, or expanding a building. Up to 90% financing is available for 20 years at low fixed interest rates. (*25-year loans will be available soon)
BEFCOR brings a team approach to assisting small businesses in applying for SBA 504 loans. Loan applicants benefit from our streamlined processes and individual attention, and our experienced staff will help with you throughout the process. Learn more about BEFCOR now
Self-Help Credit Union is certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration to offer SBA 504 loans. Learn more and apply here!