The US Small Business Administration is accepting application for the 2018 Emerging Leaders program until February 23rd, 2018. The SBA’s North Carolina District Office will select 16 – 20 lucky Charlotte-Area business owners to participate in the program. A federal training initiative, Emerging Leaders helps participants develop the organizational framework and resource network needed to support and sustain business growth. At the conclusion of the course, each business owner will have a tailored, strategic growth plan that will guide them to next-level business development.
Selected business owners will attend classes twice a month from April to October and, while tuition is free, are expected to dedicate around 100 hours of both in- and out-of-classroom work.
Eligible business executives must meet the following requirements:
- Be the owner or a principal in an established small business
- Have annual revenues of at least $400,000
- Been in business for at least 3 years
- Have at least one employee other than the owner
- Live in the Charlotte, NC commuting area
- Most importantly, the executive must be dedicated to attend 13 evening training sessions and complete required homework.
To learn more, or apply for the Emerging Leaders Program, visit the SBA’s website at https://www.sba.gov/emergingleaders.